BRI-ARI are great value, easy-to-use books to teach any child to read. The programme consists of over 150 decodable readers that support synthetic phonics.
The features of the BRI-ARI range of books include:
- Only five sounds are introduced in the first three books. These gradually increase at child-pace, with frequent repetitions. "I can read books!" becomes a reality.
- The stories are meticulously structured, with lively animal characters and clever plots that immediately engage the child’s attention.
- Careful introduction of new sound-letter(s), intense decoding practice and overlearning ensure that children understand how to read.
- The books can be used alone, with other genuine synthetic phonics programmes, as an intervention with struggling readers, and with children diagnosed with dyslexia.
- No external workbooks or drill. The focus is on the "how to" of reading text.
To find out more about the entire range of BRI-ARI and booster books visit the products page or use the navigation above to view each product individually.
Learn more about the success of the BRI-ARI books and teaching children to read by visiting the research section for case studies, testimonial/anecdotal records and technical papers.
Spearwood Press also offers help with Getting Started section and Free Resources.
Spearwood Press is the Australian supplier for the BRI-ARI series of books.
Orders can be placed online , by phone or email:
Enquiries from schools and bulk orders please contact :
Phone: (08) 9494 1976
Pam Corbyn is a specialist literacy teacher with Dyslexia Speld Foundation WA, and the owner of Spearwood Press.
BRI-ARI books have formed the basis of her teaching of reading for many years.